Wednesday 28 January 2015

My Experience with RSS Feeds

This week I set up an account with Feedly, an RSS feed. A lot of what I subscribed to is YouTube pages, I much rather watch a Vlog than read a blog post. YouTube is my main source of information. This is just my preference, I don’t actually follow a lot of blogs but my YouTube subscriptions are out of control. I was really excited to find out that Feedly could also keep me updated on my YouTube subscriptions. I am not so sure if this really counts as a blog, but to me it is informative, fun and someone spent time putting it together for me to view; which is the same way that I view blogs.

JustKiddingNews. (CC) 2012.

The channel I follow the most is JustKiddingNews (JKNews) this is a group of young adults who share their opinions and views on events and news around the world. I love this channel because I actually learn a lot about current events and I get to hear other people’s opinions and interpretations. The best part about their videos it’s updated daily, they are short (5-15 min) and they are EXTREMELY FUNNY.  If you have any interest in listening to a bunch of people argue about an issue or give the occasional insightful opinion than check out this channel!




WARNING!! - I feel that I need to warn you there is A LOT of swearing and mature content in these videos. I really did try to find one that did not include swearing…apparently that does not exist, my apologies in advance.





In this video the topic is about a 68 year old grandmother who is training with the army to fight the rebels in Ukraine. First they give some background into the current situation in the Ukraine and then watch the video of the women’s explanation to why she is doing this. After the group talks more about the problem in the country and their views on what this lady is trying to do.

I chose this video to show how informative this channel can be and how they do so in a way that keeps my interest. For someone like me who hates the news because of how it is presented I think this channel is a good alternative. Please don’t be mistaken though this groups’ main purpose is comedy, and not all their news is on serious world events; most of it is just weird stuff that people do. However, they always seem to talk about some serious issues and shed new insights to the topics.

This is my favorite subscription in my Feedly account and I am glad I can share it with other people. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment